Protection From Lightning
Lightning, one of nature’s most powerful forces, can cause a great deal of damage, particularly in a farm environment. A lightning strike can start fires in buildings, damage electrical equipment, and electrocute humans and livestock. Losses from lightning can be very costly. Replacing buildings, equipment, or livestock disrupts farm operations and incurs considerable expense, and of course a human life cannot be replaced. Fortunately, most losses caused by lightning strikes can be prevented by installing proper lightning protection systems.
Double Ese Terminal
Earthing Enhancing Compounds
Coaxial Cables Surge Protection
CCTV Surge Protection
The range of ESE terminal provide safe and efficient system for the protection of your facility from direct lightning strikes. The ESE Terminal captures the lightning energy at a preferred point. The energy is conveyed to ground via downconductor(s). When the energy enters the dedicated lightning earth, it is safely dissipated without risk to personnel and equipment.
How does the Lightning Protection System Work?
The Early Streamer Emission air terminal uses the naturally occurring electrical fie ld to complete the timely release of an pward streamer. This process provides for a safe and efficient method of controlling dangerous lightning energy at a preferred point. As a thunder storm gathers overhead the ambient electrical field surrounding the ESE begins to rise in voltage. Upon the approach of a downloader towards the protected area there is a rapid increase in the electric field which initiates the triggering of an upward streamer from the ESE terminal. The concept of earlier allows for a larger or enhanced area of protection to be provided by the ESE in comparison to a conventional rod, In accordance with NFC 17-102 (2011) With the release of the upward streamer from the finial tip earlier than other competing structural points, the ESE terminal becomes a preferred point for the capture of the lightning discharge within the protected area.
- · It is easy to install and requires no special maintenance.
- · It is a cost effective solution.
- · Designed in compl iance as per NFC17-102 and UNE-21186.
- · Stainless Steel design suitable for most environments.
- · Available in three models to suit specific site requirements.
- · Suitable for connection to a variety of down conductor systems including tape, wire, cable and other down conductors.
Double ESE Terminal
The specific function of CUAJE® OBVB lightning rod is producing an upward stream of ionized particles pointed to clouds that will channel the eventual electrical discharge from its origin. It has a double ESE (Early Streamer Emission) system:
- An early streamer device that produce upward emission.
- An Electro atmospheric condenser
- An atmospheric accelerator
- An Insulation system
- An external structure made from stainless steel
- Early streamer emission system made from stainless steel and Epoxy resin. It’s effective operation in any atmospheric condition and environment
Supply of Advanced Lightning Rod working on the principle of (ESE) Early Streamer Emission technology, having a coverage radius of 70 mtrs when mounted at a height of 8 mtrs from ground. The system have following certifications:
- ISO 9001:2008 Sira certification ( Sira is accredited for these activities by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS)
- Complying to NFC 17 102 & CPRI, TESTED
PLightning Strike Counter is designed for easy mounting on a downconductor to effectively count the number of lightning strikes captured by the ESE Terminal. When the lightning rod receive an impact of the lightning strike, discharge counter detects the energy dissipated by the down conductor, thereby incrementing the number. The ALSC21 operates by sensing current by means of an inductive pick up loop. With the voltage impulse detected by the current transformer (CT) a trigger to the pulse counter then turns the counter to register the lightning event. The equipment does not require either external or internal power supply, as it is electromechanical and uses the power of the induced current dissipated through the down conductor. It must be placed on the down-conductor above the control/testlink joint and, in all cases, 2mtrs above the ground. Its use is not obligatory but is highly recommended by NFC 17-102 standard.
How it Works
Unique in both operation and design, the Lightning Strike Counter uses a 2-wire connection to any metal conductor for the detection of lightning induced voltage so conductor dimensions are unimportant. The unit captures up to 999,999 events before automatically resetting. Requiring no external power supply or internal battery for operation, the design of the LSC-7D includes a NEMA 4X/IP66, UV stabilized polycarbonate enclosure with surface mount flanges, which is UL94V-0 flame rated and suitable for either indoor or outdoor installation. Enclosures are built to provide protection against extreme environmental conditions and hazards.
Ground Enhancing Minerals
The requirement for a low resistance is extremely important with the installation of any earthing system. GEM provides the ability to substantially reduce soil resistivity in soils of the poorest electrical conductivity such as rocky ground or sandy soils. GEM is supplied in two kit sizes – A compound, the mixture of which gives highly conductive low resistivity compound. When GRIP is mixed with water and poured around the earthing system and surrounding soil, the powder and water react to form a gelatinous hygroscopic mass which forms an integral part of an earthing system, this effectively increases the surface area of the earthing system in contact with the surrounding soil. GEM will not wash away under seasonal conditions and therefore provides a permanent presence in working to improve and maintain the integrity of an earthing system. Given that GEM does not wash away the requirement to re-treat the soil is eliminated.
- We offers a selection of earth enhancing compounds for the treatment of soil in and around an earthing system to reduce the soil resistivity and lower ground impedance.
- Earth Enhancing Compound is supplied in 10kg and 25kg kits and is particularly effective in difficult sites such as sandy soils and rocky ground.
- GEM is an economical treatment compound which is supplied in 10kg bags and is bestsuited to sites where excessive soil resistivity is not considered a problem.
Surge protection devices protect against damaging electrical surges on power and communications lines caused by lightning, industrial machinery, and other switching events. According to IEEE amendments, a transient surge event is an extremely large over voltage, more than 1.8 times the normal voltage which lasts for 3 nano seconds. Though usually small and unnoticed by you, over time, these surges can damage sensitive electrical equipment.
- Lightning is the most obvious and most sensational type of surge. Lightning can travel up to 1/2 mile from where it strikes. Nothing can prevent a direct strike.
- Utility events consist of crossover of phases, capacitor switching, grid shifting, inductive loads, and open neutrals.
- Internal events in the home, however, are the most likely source of a surge. A General Electric (GE) and National Power Labs (NPL) study shows that 65 percent to 80 percent of transient surges are caused internally from:- Pumps (well or pool);- A/C condenser motors;
– Refrigeration motors;
– Dishwasher motors; and
– Washer/dryer motors.
These events can result in the three D’s of surge problems: degradation (of equipment components), destruction, and downtime
As per the variegated requirements of our clients, we are offering a broad collection of Copper Bonded Electrode. The offered copper bonded Electrode is integrated in our working unit by utilizing best quality of material with the aid of innovative technology. In addition to this, our customers can benefit this copper bonded Electrode with customization facility on the special demand of customers at reasonable rates.
- Copper coating thickness of 50 ‐ 250 + microns as per UL Standards
- Very high electrical conductivity ante ‐ corrosion properties
- Best suited for harsh environments
- It is long-lasting and free of maintenance hazards Unique manufacturing process ensures uniform coating thickness
- It is easy to install and is unbreakable
- Corrosion free while providing the lowest resistance to ground
- Very economical to use
High tensile low carbon steel
- Complies BS 4360 grade 43A
- 6’ – 10’ long X ½” – ¾” dia
- Molecularly bonded with 99.9% copper
- Coating thickness – 10 mil ( 254 microns)
- UL listed Rods
- CPRI + tested – 23 kA for 1 second
- Meets IS:3043 -1987 # standard
- Service Life – 40 years in most soil types
Coaxial Cables Surge Protection
Coaxial lines are commonly used in both residential and commercial applications. Their uses range from video to RF signals measured in Gigahertz. Their advantages include low noise, convenience and ease of connection. They are, however, an extremely effective conduit for lightning generated pulses. Therefore, they present a considerable threat to expensive electronic equipment such as computers, radio equipment and televisions.
Typical protection for coax cables run to the top of a support structure includes protection at three locations. These locations are:
1) At The Top Of The Tower. An arrester such as a gas tube is grounded to the tower structure if metallic or to a lightning down conductor if the structure is non metallic. The arrester shorts the conductor to the shield during the transient event. The shield is continuously grounded to the tower structure by the construction of the arrester.
2) Where The Cable Transitions From Vertical To Horizontal. This is normally near the base of the tower or other support structure near where the equipment shelter is located. The arresters here must be placed immediately above the vertical to horizontal transition to make use of the increased inductance of the bend and to prevent a dielectric breakdown of the cables insulation at this point. The functioning of this arrester is the same as in location 1). This protector should be directly grounded to the earth electrode established for the support structure. A bus-bar connected to the earth electrode via a wide copper strap may be used to help reduce the inductance to earth for multiple cables in a single location. Additionally, the closer to earth that the vertical to horizontal transition is made the better.
3) At The Point Of Entry To The Equipment Shelter. The arrester is the same type used in locations 1) and 2) and is directly grounded to the earth electrode established for the equipment shelter. For small shelters the establishment of a single point of signal entry and grounding will help to prevent surge reference equalization problems. Reference all equipment signal, power, and control lines to this grounding point to minimize voltage differentials between the ports. In large facilities, such as FAA’s Air Route Traffic Control Centers, this equalization is achieved through distributed protection, referenced to equipotential planes.
CCTV Surge Protection
A typical surveillance system is directly or indirectly connected to a building’s main electrical service panel. AC power, data lines and coaxial cables…are all vulnerable to surges and transients. A single surge event affecting exterior equipment, (like cameras), can follow a path leading back into a building, affecting interior equipment as well. DVRs, interior cameras, midspans and power supplies may not have received the initial surge, but because these components are connected, the entire system is at risk of damage or even destruction. The risk of damage from a surge event isn’t limited to only the interior and exterior video surveillance equipment, loads, such as HVAC units, lighting and signage can be affected by a surge event occurring elsewhere.
There are several factors that combine to make a CCTV system an easy target for damage from electrical surges. First is the broad reach of the camera network. With cameras mounted all over a building, a CCTV system consists of a wire structure with multiple ground points. This means, if one node in the system becomes electrically elevated, current will flow from the other system nodes. This network of cables is connected through the central CCTV control equipment. Current flow will be felt directly by the heart of the camera system.
Another factor is the sensitivity of the central processing equipment used in CCTV systems. Most of the central equipment is microchip based and none of it is designed to handle surge currents. The DVR (Digital Video Recorder) is the most critical of these units. It is looking for 1 volt peak to peak on its input and can be easily over loaded. It also represents the largest single cost in the system.
Call +91-9895919994 to Learn More About How Lightning Arrester Can Work For You.